Wireless Technology Forum
December 4th, 2018
1/8/2018 Press Release from State Senator Patrick Colbeck Wireless Technology Forum
Leaders from all over the world converged on Lansing, Michigan to attend the first of its kind forum to discuss both the Benefits AND Risks of Wireless Technology. The public forum was hosted by State Senator Patrick Colbeck (R-MI) on December 4th, 2018 during the middle of “Lame Duck” but the video proceedings from the event are now available to the public.
Among the forum speakers:
- Frank Clegg, Former President of Microsoft Canada
- Dr. Ron Melnick, PhD, Former Senior Toxicologist in National Toxicology Program (NTP) at National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- Dr. Devra Davis, PhD, President Environmental Health Trust
- Dr. Anthony Miller, MD, Professor Emeritus at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Dr. Paul Heroux, PhD, Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism, McGill University of Medicine
Key takeaways from the forum:
There is CLEAR EVIDENCE that wireless radiation from communication technologies such as cell phones, cell towers, 5G “small” cells, and Wi-Fi routers has significant adverse health effects including but not limited to cancer, DNA damage, cardiac arrhythmia, infertility, and learning disabilities
It is possible to deploy advanced communication technology in a safe manner, but first we need Children are most susceptible to the adverse health impacts of wireless radiation
In light of the recent Executive Order from Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer regarding the importance of addressing health concerns impacting our citizens, this matter should receive prompt and serious attention by the new administration. As evidenced by a recent request by U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) for the FCC to prove that 5G technology is safe, this issue is solidly a bi-partisan policy issue. The impact of this issue clearly extends beyond the ten million residents of Michigan. It is a global issue.
The proceedings from the Wireless Technology Forum can be viewed at the links below.
INTRODUCTION – Senator Patrick Colbeck
WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Cell Phones–Cece Doucette
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Science -Dr. Devra Davis
- Smart Meters & WiFi– Bill Bathgate
- 5G “small cells” – Kevin Schoen
- Internet of Things– Frank Clegg
Adverse Health Impacts
- NTP Study Findings and Cancer– Dr. Ron Melnick
- Cancer Evidence in Humans – Dr. Anthony Miller
- DNA, Fertility and Children– Dr. Devra Davis
- Mechanisms and Biological Cell Functions – Dr. Paul Heroux
- Science of Microwave sickness – Dafna Tachover
- Clinical Observations of Microwave sickness – Dr. James Ziobron
Personal Data Privacy & National Security –Senator Colbeck
WIRELESS RADIATION POLICY & ADVOCACY STATUS
- Federal Policy Environment – Dafna Tachover
- Challenging Industry to Promote Safe Technology – Frank Clegg
- State and Local Policies on 5G Small Cells and Cell Phone/Wireless Radiation – Theodora Scarato, Executive Director of Environmental Health Trust
Please see Environmental Health Trust Resources on 5G
- Factsheet on 5G and Health.
- EHT webpage on US City Ordinances that attempt to minimize the small cell roll out in neighborhoods. This webpage has compiled ordinances from around the country that you can download and use in your city. This is critical to provide to your city officials interested in setting protective regulations.
- 20 Facts about 5G
POLICY CONSIDERATIONS PANEL DISCUSSIONS – Dr Devra Davis – Moderator
- Human Exposure Standards (Dr Anthony Miller, Dr Paul Heroux, Dr. Ron Melnick, Dafna Tachover, Frank Clegg)
- WiFi in Schools (Joel Dorfman, Dafna Tachover, Cece Doucette, Theodora Scarato, Ilona Rugg)
- 5G Deployment & Local Control (Lemon Hermann, Cece Doucette, Theodora Scarato, Kevin Schoen, Mike Watza)
PRACTICAL SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT FROM WIRELESS RADIATION
- PRACTICAL SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT FROM WIRELESS RADIATION –Theodora Scarato, Executive Director of Environmental Health Trust, details practical steps that people can take at home to decrease exposure to radiofrequency radiation as recommended by expert medical organizations. Medical group recommendations such as from the Vienna Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics and Athens Medical Association are presented. Resources from this presentation are found at the international policy page.